Sunday, March 27, 2011

Spring Break Atlanta- Part 3 Centennial Park

I can't believe that it's taken this long... But almost 15 years ago Matt asked me to marry him. Unfortunately, Matt romantic way to ask me to marry him did not happen. You see, he had purchased a brick in The Olympic Centennial Park in Atlanta with his sister's help. The brick said "CMS Marry Me? I Love you! MEC". His plan had been to take me to Centennial Park and just happen upon the brick. But unfortunately or fortunately the park was closed for construction. He went ahead and asked me that weekend as planned but we never saw the brick. So part of our plan for our visit to Atlanta was to find our brick in Centennial Park.

We looked.....
And looked...
And looked some more until.....
Matt finally found what we spent half an hour searching for, our brick. It does exist!!

We posed for a few pictures with our brick.

And then had the kids pose for a few as well. After all they are the result of us getting engaged and then married!

It was such a great moment for both Matt and I. I think the kids also enjoyed hearing the story of our brick and of us getting engaged. It was so much fun being able to share everything with them.

2 comments:

Christine said...

That is the sweetest!

Carrie said...

That is so neat, Carmen! How meaningful to have the whole family there to see it! I love the pictures of the kids looking for it ;-) They are adorable!