Friday, July 23, 2010

First Foray Into Couponing

Both of my MOPS (Mothers of Preschoolers) groups have had speakers come to talk about couponing. Both how to do it and how much money you can save when using coupons. Both times I felt out of my league. It seemed to me that this couponing thing would take a lot of time to be successful. They were clipping coupons, making lists and then go to several stores. And in both saving money and lots of it. My thoughts on this were basically, "that's well and good but I don't want to spend all my time going from store to store. My time is more valuable than that."
It also seemed to , as did several other moms, that most of the really good deals were foods that were not all that healthy for you. Most of them were processed foods containing tons of fat and sodium. So I did what I have always done. I made my list and went to one store and if I remembered I brought some coupons.

But earlier this week I was watching the Today Show and they hit on a website that does all the work for you. You pretty much pick a store look at their list of sale items paired with coupons and get your coupons from your dated inserts and cut them out. It's that simple. I may not be ever be able to walk out of the store with the store paying me but I am saving a lot of money. The website I am talking about is www.couponmom.com. Go and check it out. They even have a video showing you how to use their website along with links to get more coupons. Just so you know this week I spent $148.00 and saved $117. I think that's pretty awesome for my first foray into couponing. And I think that Matt even enjoys hearing about how much I have saved. I know this because he will even ask me.

Enjoy your savings!!

No comments: