Wednesday, September 03, 2008

"I don't need you mom."

Yesterday, Gabriel informed me that he didn't need me to walk him to and from school. This occured because I wasn't at the school when he got let out and was half way home before I met up with him. He was really enjoying the freedom of not having mom with him. Part of me feels like that is great the other part is not wanting to let my baby go. And I am fully aware that a 6 year old is not a baby but to me he always will be. If you are a parent you probably understand. I have made a concession with him that I will only meet him at the crossing gaurds closestto our house. This will allow the girls to take a longer nap as well. So he gets some of that freedom and I still get to feel like I am needed, just a little.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

great job Gabriel! Sounds like your having fun schoo. Way to ride!