Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Last year the kids and I worked on a paper chain to decorate the house with for Christmas. On each chain we would write something we were thankful for. This year we have started a new one. Every night at dinner we think about something that we are thankful about. I hope that it helps us all to remember all that we have. Some of the things we have been thankful for a normal everyday items like our food, toys, family, specific accomplishments, health and specific activities but some of them hve surpised me too. Here are some of the things we have been thankful for in the past week.

Gabriel: I am thankful for God making our bodies.
Gabriel: I am thankful for the world God made.

Abby: I am thankful for daddy come home.
Abby: I am thankful for gymnastics.

Matt: I am thankful I will see my parents in a couple of weeks.
Matt: I am thankful for fall days.

Carmen: I am thankful for hugs and kisses.
Carmen: I am thankful Gabriel's reading.

Our thankful thoughts don't have to be profound. I just want us to remember all the good things we have and that are happening in our lives.

No comments: