I have not done the last couple of Thursdays only because I forgot and then didn't take the time to do it. I am not missing today and I am Thankful for that. With that said here is my list of things I am thankful for this week.
1. Communication: I am very thankful that Matt and I can communicate together. When he was gone I realized how much I bounce ideas off of him thoroughout the day. I aso realized how much I enjoy that communication. It was hard only being able to catch him once in a while and to talk with him breifly on the phone a handful of times. I am also thankful that when he is home how well we communicate our thoughts, hopes, prayers and dreams with each other. At least most of the time.
2. Matt being home: I am thankful that Matt is home safe and sound. It has made life just that much easier with him here. We all missed him very much and life seems much more normal now.
3. Thankful thoughts: I am thankful for the thankful thoughts our family has been sharing with one another in the past week. I just hope it helps us all to realize all that we have, instead of all that we don't.
4. Christmas music: I love Christmas music. It makes me happy. If I had it my way I would listen to Christmas music year round but I have limited myself to listen from Nov-Jan and then it's put away until the next year.
5. Thoughts of God: I am thankful for all the thoughts of God and Jesus the kids have been sharing during our thankful activity. It makes my heart very glad.
6. The holidays: I am thankful for the holidays. I love the time between Halloween and New Years. I love the time spent with family, the extra warmth I feel in my home with the decorations set out for each of the different holidays, the music and the traditions. I just love this time of year. And I akways hope for that wonderful White Christmas.
7. Hockey: I am thankful that Gabriel is having so much fun with learning to skate. Matt was able to attend the last practice and was able to see Gabriel skate without the slide bar/ walker for the first time. He so looks forward to each week. And this weekend he will have a wonderful surprise with Matt taking him to the rink for a father son skate.
8. Gymnastics: I am thankful that Abby is enjoying her gymnastics class. She is having fun jumping, rolling, hanging upside down and just prancing around on the mat. When asked if she wanted to do the next session she enthuastically said, "YES!!"
9. Friends: I am especially thanful for the friends who called to talk while Matt was away in Asia. And for that special friend, Angelica, who called and invited the whole crew over for dinner because she knew I needed a little break. And for Carrie, who helped me when I needed a ride to take care of a car I hit that was sitting in our driveway. I hope that one solves itself, and soon. I am also thankful for the encouraging words from firends when I especially need it.
10. Closing for the Winter: I am thankful that all our preparations and closes for the winter are almost done. The pool is closed except for the cover. The irrigation lines have been cleared of water. And most of the yard items we store during the winter months have been put away. This makes things just a little simpler.
11. No more Mowing: I am thankful that Matt has one less thing to do on weekends. There will be no more mowing until spring. This will help Matt to have a little more free time to do the things he would much rather be doing like skating with Gabriel, playing on the computer, reading or just playing with th kids.
Okay, so I have a very long list this week. I could probably come up with more to add but will stop here. I hope that everyone is having a wonderful week. I also hope that you remember to be thankful for the little things happening all around you everyday.