Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Is Gabriel Ready to Stop Napping?

How do you know when your child is ready to stop napping? I'm not sure how to answer this question. Gabriel is driving me nuts. I really don't have room to talk because he and Abby have both been such good sleepers from so early on. But, at this point I am being driven slowly to the nut house. Gabriel gets up early in the mornings usually between 6:00 and 6:30. And during naptime he is not drifting fo to sleep like he use to. He is constantly getting out of bad and playing when I'm not in the room. Even when I do lay down with him he tosses and turns and does not settle down. I am beginning to suspect that he is ready to stop napping. The reason that I am not sure wether or not to let him stop napping is the fact that he will break into tears at the drop of a hat. He use to do this only when he was tired. I never thought I gave into his temper tantrums but maybe I have been without realizing and this is a result of that. I will have to watch and see if this is the case. I think I may try letting him stay up tomorrow and see what happens. Though I may have him and me take a quiet time for half an hour or so. Just for us both to regroup and relax a little. I'll post more and let everyone know how it is going. BTW I can hear him upstairs still playing and talking in his room now. At least Abby is still taking her naps. I know that she still needs them.

No comments: