Saturday, July 10, 2010

Love of Reading? Sometimes.

Gabe loves to read when he has chosen the book. It is hard to get him to read a wide varitey of books. We discovered Gabe's unwillingness to read books that he had not heard of through either a movie or tv series at the book store several weeks ago. In an attempt to get him to read a wider variety of books I have started giving rewards for each book that is read. I started this shortly after our to the book store. I kept trying to get him to choose something that would be new to him. Matt and I would show him book after book and he would say no. Then he would come to us with Star Wars, Bakugan, Pokemon, etc. I'm not saying that I don't want him to read these at all. I just want him to read other things besides books based on tv series and movies. So we decided that we would choose the books and then reward him for reading them. The only thing is that I am now reading each and every book as well so that I can test him so that I am sure he is reading them. But I do love this picture because in this one he is reading for joy and not because I am telling him to. This book is along the same lines of the Diary of a Wimpy Kid series. If only there were more books of this style or another Diary book.



1 comment:

Christine said...

Eli is SO into the Diary of a Wimpy Kid books. Maybe I'll have to check this series out!