Friday, April 09, 2010

A Glance at the Last Couple of Weeks

Here's what has been going on the last couple of weeks.

1. Gabe flooded both his bathroom and the kitchen downstairs. See here to read about that. Our friend Rb has patched the ceiling and now it is waiting on me to paint it. Our hardwood floor is buckled on the edges of each strip where the water sat. I tried to clean up the bathroom so that the water would keep falling through the ceiling first, so it took a little bit for me to get downstairs. Eventually, we will have the floor refinished but are waiting until we can do the entire downstairs.

2. We had a great Spring break visiting our families. While in Knoxville we took a trip into the Smokey Mountains. It was a beautiful Spring day when we went. We enjoyed a picnic lunch at the Chimney Tops Picnic area and played on some rocks. We then headed up to New Found Gap and briefly enjoyed a very windy and cold view. Afterward we headed back down the mountain to walk the Nature Trail. It was a wonderful and relaxing day. The kids especially had a great time playing with each other.

And while visiting my family we enjoyed the creek, horseback riding, riding on the Mule (a big four wheeler type vehicle) and running around with the cousins. Unfortunately, I didn't get any pictures of us on horseback. We went on a trail and I was worried something might happen to my camera. Abby loved riding, that is until she was knocked off by a tree limb. She got back on but didn't want to ride anymore that day after we got back home. Hopefully, next time we go to Chattanooga she will get back on that horse. Here are a few of my favorite pictures from our visit to Chattanooga.






3. We were home for 4 days before we left again. In the short time that I was home I finished the laundry from our vacation and tried to get caught up on some yard work. I am so ready to begin planting my pots and my yard. I just have to wait a little longer for the threat of a freeze to diminish. We spent Easter with my parents and siblings which was a lot of fun.





4. We came home to get our kids back to school and for a new week to start. With as hot a it was we turned on the AC only to find it was not working. On the day I call about it it was 87 degrees in the house with every window open. I had so much pollen on everything that I thought I would never be able to get it all cleaned up. Thankfully, our upstairs unit only needed Freon while the downstairs unit needed more work. They will be coming back next week in order to fix the downstairs unit. Thankfully, it was fixable and we didn't have to replace the whole thing.

5. Oh, and one more thing. My parents got a new black lab puppy they have named Shadow. He is the cutest thing and the kids love him. I have to say that I am glad that he is theirs and not ours though. Here a picture of him with Gabe.

No comments: