Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Christmas Time Goodies

I love working in the kitchen and Christmas time finds me in the kitchen a lot. Matt even ends up in the kitchen helping. Last week the kids, Matt and I had a all out bake fest. We made goodies for friends who were coming to celebrate our move back to the Boro with us and we also made goodies for the kid's teachers and student teachers from MTSU (Middle Tennessee State University). Friday is the last day of school until the New Year and so it is time for our teacher gifts to be sent into school. This year we made Hershey's Kiss Candy Cane Blossoms, M & M cookies, Peppermint Bark, and Almond Bark Covered Pretzels with Sprinkles, just to add that touch of Christmas. Into the boxes they go for a yummy treat for the teachers.

I found these cute boxes at Target. I usually do tins but these were so cute I just counldn't pass them up. And they don't have to be stored either. They also had inserts so that they could be used as cupcake storage as well.


From top to bottom, Left to Right. Peppermint Bark, Hershey's Kiss Candy Cane Blossoms, Almond Bark Chocolate Covered Blossoms, and Red and Green M&M Cookies.
This is a tradition that the kids and I have been doing since moving to Columbus, and now continuing now that we are back in Tennessee. The kids enjoy helping me put these together and giving to all their classmates. This is called Snowman Soup. Basically, you take a handful of mini marshmallows, 3 Hershey's kisses (I usually get the Christmas ones), a Candy Cane, and a Hot Chocolate Packet. Then you will need the poem to go with it.

Snowman Soup Poem

Was told that you've been good
this year,
Always glad to hear it
With freezing weather drawing
near
You'll need to warm the spirit
So here's a little Snowman Soup
Complete with stirring stick
Add hot water, sip it slow
It's sure to do the trick!

I hope you have a Very Merry Christmas!!! Enjoy!


No comments: