Thursday, May 28, 2009
Things are getting back to normal around here, I think, I hope. I am feeling much better since my surgery. Yesterday, I even took the girls to the park and ran some errands, all without those wonderful pain pills or Advil, so I know I am feeling better. Gabe will be out of school next week and I am looking forward to a summer of the pool, park, library, homegrown activities, and play dates. There are so many things to be thankful for in my life so I am going to fill up the thanks tank. This has been a wonderful exercise for me because it really makes me think about the good things happening in my life. So here's my list for this week.
1. The surgery and recovery went and are going well.
2. The sunshine we've been having around here.
3. Kids laughing and playing outside.
5. Swimming in the pool.
6. Matt being home and not having class.
7. Matt coming back from Nashville tonight.
8. Shopping, even if it is for Gabe. He was so excited about the new Clone Trooper t-shirt.
9. School ending for the summer.
10. A wonderful caring husband. Matt did a great job of taking care of me and the kids while I was recovering.
11. Not having to cook or clean. It was a nice break to not have to cook or clean, while I was recovering. I just wish I had been able to enjoy it a little more.
12. Great MOPS friends who brought us food, called, sent emails, and mailed cards.
13. Flowers. I received some beautiful flowers from the preschool after my surgery.
14. Wonderful preschool teachers.
15. Abby's preschool teacher who watched the girls for us while I had surgery. It was great to know that they were so well cared for.
16. Water table fun.
17. Riding bikes.
18. Painting the girls' toenails.
I hope that you take a little time to reflect on what makes you happy. And there are lots of little things and big everyday no matter what. Have a great weekend.