Friday, January 30, 2009

Friday Flashback

I started this blog in 2005 shortly after moving to Indiana. Both my family and my husbands live in Tennessee so I wanted a way for people to keep up with our happenings. I know that I very rarely if every look back at my own Archives and I seldom look at the archives of other bloggers unless I am trying to find something I read. A fellow blogger friend of mine over at Gravity of Motion is participating in a Past Post Parade which was started by Elaine at Miss Elaine-ous Life. For this blog meme the idea is you look back at past posts from a year or so ago, maybe even 5 years if you've been blogging that long.

It has been interesting looking back at my posts from past Januarys there was so much going on in that month. In Janurary 2006 Abby and Gabriel had their adnoids removed and tubes put in and in addition to that Gabe had his tonsils removed. Here and here are the posts from that event. I had forgotten how pittiful our kids looked after the surgery. And WOW look how much Elizabeth and Abby look alike.

2 comments:

Jane Anne said...

Oh, Gabe looked so pitiful in that picture. I bet you are glad you don't have 2 kids recovering from surgery right now.

Wasn't this fun to particpate in? I didn't realize you had been blogging so long.

Dji said...

Carmen, how many husbands do you have back in Tennessee? Does Matt know?