Monday, October 06, 2008

Preschool Board Complaints

I enjoy being on the preschool board. I was very flattered when I was asked and then last year even more flattered when I was asked to co-chair and then chair the following year. With that said I am also very frustrated. We have several committees we serve on throughout the year. I ended up co-chairing the Fall Festival but little did I know that I would end up chairing it because she can't be counted on to finish her projects and to show up to meetings. This morning we had a whole packet of items that should have gone out. When I got to school this morning the papers this person was suppose to have done is not in the office. When I called her she said that she had not finished them and would not be able to get to the school until 10:30. So now it looks like they won't go out until tomorrow. If I had been a different person I would have told her that my papers were there and to just put hers with mine and put them in the teachers boxes. But because I'm not I will be brining them home to work on during naptime and after dinner. Matt keeps telling me to get off the board. But if it weren't for this I would be fine. I actually enjoy it and feel like I am doing something valuable. I just wish I didn't have to deal with the frustration.

No comments: