Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Thanks Tank Thursday


Colossians 3: 15-17 Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, since as members of one body you were called to peace. And be thankful. Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly as you teach and admonish one another with all wisdom, and as you sing psalms, hymns and spiritual songs with gratitude in your hearts to God. And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him.

With this passage in mind and having a thankful heart I am thankful for all of these and much, much more. I am thankful for my faith and for God's compassion and love. I hope you have a great week and take the time to be thankful and give him praise.

Swimming- This week we were able to enjoy some pool time with some of our friends. It was really a lot of fun even if it was a cooler than we would have liked but the kids had fun anyway.




Library Reading Program- I have been taking the kids to the library for their summer reading program. For every book they read they get specific points and then are able to pick out prizes. And some of the prizes are really worth the reading like free kids meals, pool passes, and then there are some not so cool one like toys.

Sunny Weather- With all the rain we got last week I am so happy that we are getting lots of sunny weather this week. Though we do have the occasional thunderstorm that is to be expected of summer time we have had lots of sun to enjoy.

Matt's job with Cummins- I am so thankful that Matt has such a wonderful job with a gret company. Cummins is providing support to their employees who have been affected by the flood. It's something they didn't have to do but are doing it anyway. They also were affected by the flood by having two of thier buildings and one of their plants flooded.

My Parents- I am thankful to have such loving, kind and generous parents. They have always been there when I have needed them. I can't thank them enough for everything they do for me and my family.

Outdoor Playtime- I am thankful that we have such a great backyard play area. We finally got the sandbox put together and the kids have really been enjoying it a lot in the past couple of days.
Pool Fence- Last year my dad came up and helped install a fence around the pool. I am so thankful that he took the time to do that. It has made outdoor time that much more enjoyable for all of us. The kids are safer and I can relax a little more. This has made such a tremendous difference in everything we do out in the backyard.

Clean Kitchen- I have had a clean kitchen almost all week long. I have been trying hard to make sure everyone cleans up after themselves and helps out around the house so that we can all enjoy playing instead of cleaning. Have a clean kitchen calms me.

Chores- Our chore list is wonderful and I even figured a way to make it more fun. They get to pick a flower and read what is on the back. I had a friend who couldn't believe some of the jobs I gave may kids to do. I just explained that with the right tools and supervision they can do anything you ask them to do. And all of these are things they will need to know to do when they get older. And hopefully their spouses will thank me for teaching them.

Compliments on my children: We met Matt for lunch at a local downtown diner today after we went to the library. While there one of the other customers gave me a compliment on how well behaved and beautiful my children were. It's always nice to hear from someone that you are doing a good job.

1 comment:

Jane Anne said...

I started to comment this morning and I got interrupted by the kids. The day got rolling fast after that. Anyway, I LOVE the chore chart! It is awewome! What a great idea!! Also, thanks for sharing the pictures of the kids swimming. My parents have a pool so hearing about your family swimming reminds me of when I was growing up.