One more day of school and then summer break. With all of the end of school year activities we've had this week we've been busy. And because we've been so busy the week has gone quickly, at least for me. The kids would tell you it hasn't gone quickly enough since they are looking forward to our trip to Tennessee. I hope you take the time to be thankful this week. It is always so refreshing to me to think of all the things I have to be thankful for. So without further ado here is my list for this week.
1. Flickr: This week we realized that we had several months of pictures that somehow got corrupted since downloading them onto the computer. Tahnkfully, I have been putting a lot of them on Flickr, otherwise we wouldn't have any pictures of Gabriel and Abby's birthday, Easter, or several months of Elizabeth's first year of life.
2. Bible Study: This week I hosted a Bible Study in my home. We talked about 1 Corinthians: 13. One of the questions we spent the most time on was this one; Do you think (1) love is a feeling; (2) love is a choice; (3) love is both? Discuss why you voted as you did. I really enjoyed this conversation.
3. My family being safe: With everything that is going on in the world I am especailly happy that my family is safe. You never know when this could change and it could change in the blink of an eye. So at this moment I am especailly thankful for this.
4. Being able to travel: I am thankful that we are able to travel to visit our family. This next week the kids and I will be traveling to Tennessee to visit both my family and Matt's family. I am so glad that we are able to do this and the kids are extremely excited and keep telling me to start packing even though our departure date is still several days away.
5. Our Pool: I am thankful for our pool. It's really nice to be able to walk out your backdoor and go swimming anytime you want. I am extremely thankful that my father came up last summer and put in a fence around our pool now I don't have to stress as much about the kids playing in the backyard. And now as soon as it warms up we can start swimming.
6. Surgery: I am thankful that the hand surgery Abby will be having soon will be a simple procedure and the trigger thumb won't come back. I am also thankful that the doctor said she wasn't born with it like I was originally told. I was feeling really bad that I didn't notice it before she was almost 4!! Now I can stop beating myself up about it.
7. Everyday Conveniences: There are so many things in my life that make life so much easier. I can't imagine have to hand wash and line dry all my clothes, sweep instead of vaccum, handwash all my dishes, ect. I am so thankful for these luxuries.
8. Playing Games with my kids: I have been getting out several of our board games this week and just playing. It has been refreshing to spend that time just being with my kids doing something fun.