Thursday, January 31, 2008

Thanks Tank Thursday


Counting my blessing is what Thanks Tank Thursdays are all about. Here are the things I am thankful for this week.

1. Anticipation: Though it looks like we won't get any snow tonight, I am thankful for the excitement that anticipation brings. I want to have a good snowfall and everytime we think we will have one it doesn't happen but the anticipation is almost just as much fun as actually getting the snow I've been hoping for.

2. BUNCO: I joined the Columbus Newcomers Club shortly after moving to Columbus. One of the activities they have for us women is BUNCO on the third Wednesday of every month. Last night I played at a neighbors house and for the second time won a prize. It was fun winning that prize but I think my favorite part about the whole evening is talking with friends and having female companionship.

3. Organized Desk: Today I took the time to clean out my desk. It's amazing how quickly it gets cluttered and disorganized. It is also amazing how good it feels to have it organized again and be able to find what I am looking for. If only I could stay disciplined and put things where they belong instead of just tossing them willy nilly.

4. Reading: I have enjoyed reading with Gabriel the past couple of nights. It's amazing to me how quickly he is picking up on his reading skills.

5. Open Gym: I had forgotten how much fun Open Gym can be. One of the local gymnastics centers opens for playtime on Tuesday and Thursday afternoons. I have been taking the kids and it has been so much fun to see the running, jumping, flipping, playing and just plain having a great time. Even Elizabeth gets to have fun.

6.Laughter: I have enjoyed playing with my kids this week and listening to their laughter as we had tickle wars, joked with each other, and played silly games. Laughter really does the heart good.

7. Gamnastics: I have enjoyed watching Abby learn to tumble, flip, and start cartwheels over the past couple of months. She has begun to listen and pay more attention to the instructors. And it shows in the strengthening of her abilities.

8. Prayer: I have ejoyed and am thankful the prayers we share with our kids daily. I enjoy listening to them express all they are thankful for and the blessing they see in their lives. I especially enjoy our bedtime prayers.

I hope everyone else takes the time to ponder and thank God for all the blessing in their lives. Have a great rest of the week!!!

No comments: