Monday, October 01, 2007

Waiting Is the Hardest Part

Yesterday I got a call from my mother that my dad was on the way to the hospital. He got thrown off his horse and was in a lot of pain. They were running dogs and he wanted everyone else to get the birds out anyway. Eventually he had my mom call 911. Mom drove the trailer to a spot where my brother-in-law could meet her and then traded cars and went to the hospital. A friend meanwhile stayed and rode in the ambulance with my dad. He later said that dad was in so much pain it almost made him sick. Later that afternoon the doctors finally determined that he had torn the ligaments and tendons in his pelvic bone. It looks like he will need surgery to help fix the tear. From what I understand so far they will be putting in a metal plate to hold the two pelvic bones together. He will then be on bed rest for at least 6 weeks and then it will be another 3-6 months before he will begin to get back to normal. This is going to be an extremly trying time for everyone because my dad is so active and isn't kept down easily. Please keep him in your prayers.

2 comments:

Jane Anne said...

I am so sorry to hear about your dad. My prayers are with him and your mom.

Carmom said...

Thank you so much, Jane Anne!!