Saturday, September 15, 2007

I did it!!!

Years ago when Matt and I were still dating I went rapelling with Matt and some of his Fraternity buddies. Both of my parents were concerned. Despite being afraid of heights I managed to have a great time and rapelled multiple times. It was really a whole lot of fun and a huge rush. Nothing of note happened during my rapels but as I walked down the trail I fell and sprained my ankle.

Yesterday I took the kids to the local children's museum where they have a climbing wall. Gabriel was just old enough to climb and wanted to try so I let him climb. He did really well for his first climb. He got about halfway up the wall. Then he asked me to climb with him. I had never climbed but decided to do it anyway. I actually was able to climb all the way to the top. It was easier than I thought it would be. It actually took less arm strength than I thought and more leg strength. Btw, the wall is only a 15 foot wall but, I was still impressed with myself. Now I just need to find somewhere that will let Abby climb. (You had to be 5 and 3'8".) Oh, and nothing bad happened on our walk to the car.





3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The Climbing Center in Knoxville would let Abby climb. Amy has been climbing since she was 4 and makes it the whole 40 feet up to the top. Evan won't hold on because he just wants to swing. The Climbing Center allows very small children to just swing.

Anonymous said...

Cart-man, Cart-man
Does whatever a cart can.
Climbs a wall
With her son
Blogs away when the day is done.
Look out!
Here comes a Cart-man.

Carmom said...

LOL!!! Thanks Danny!!