Thursday, September 08, 2005

The kids have started school

The kids went to school this week. They are going on Tuesdays and Thursdays and seem to be having a good time. Abbyis already sick and did not go today because she of a runny nose. I'm pretty sure it is allergy related but, the parent handbook states, no runny noses.

On both days when I picked up Gabriel he told me they sang lots of songs. This seems to be all that sticks in his memory. I am glad Gabe is going because he really needed to be able to play with kids his own age. Gabriel seems much happier now that he has other kids to play with. I am looking forward to his story time starting next week as well.

I do have doubts about sending Abby though, especially with how quickly she has gotten sick. I don't know that it is as important for her to go as it is Gabriel. Though the social interaction is good for her, I feel like maybe it is selfishness on my part to have a couple of hours without the kids. I will give it a couple of weeks and see if it is making any difference with her. If not we will save some money pulling her out.

No comments: