Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Tasty Tuesday-Melted Witch

For the kids class treats this year the kids and I made melted witches. These were so much fun and easy to make that I just had to share it. Here's how to make them...

Oh, and Please Don't let the steps fool you. I promise these are super easy!!



Things you need:
Yellow Laffy Taffy
Pretzel sticks
Green and chocolate candy melts
Oreos
Hershey's Kisses

Roll Laffy Taffy flat with a rolling pin. I found that it was easiest to put parchment paper down on the cutting board so that it doesn't stick.
I used this cute little tool to cut out rectangles and then used it to cut the tines for the broom.

Roll the tines onto the pretzel stick and you have a broom.


You will then need to pull apart the Oreos and discard the centers. Unwrap the Hershey kisses. And melt the green and chocolate candy melts in separate bowls. Spoon green melts onto cookie sheet covered with parchment paper. Next spoon a small amount of chocolate onto center of green melts and gently swirl with a knife. Add your broomstick. Lay an Oreo cookie onto the candy melts and with a small amount of chocolate apply the Hershey kiss to the Oreo.
Move your cookie sheet to the refridgerator until hardened.
And then package them up. The kids loved these and kept quoting the Wizard of Oz. "I'm melting. I'm melting."

Happy Halloween!!!

No comments: