Thursday, November 11, 2010

What's Up???

Last weekend we went to Chattanooga to visit with my mom and my sister's family. Friday night Elizabeth was sick. Poor mom was thrown up on and poor Elizabeth was not feeling well. By Sunday I either had the same bug or was just feeling really poorly from lack of sleep, I never did throw up. I thought the other two kids had avoided the bug but Gabe came down with it Tuesday night. He has been home the last two days. I am ready for him to go back to school. He is currently working on the work he has missed this week and is so distracted that he is driving me nuts. Right now I can't wait until Matt gets home just so I can go to the grocery store without the kids. I need some time away.

My mom called today and said the doctor told her it would be at least another month before she could start putting weight on her leg. She is not happy with that news. She is so ready to be up and running that it is painful for her and everyone else. I can understand her frustration at not being able to do everything she wants to do.

On a brighter note... Matt won tickets to the Nashville Predators game against the Chicago Blackhawks for this Saturday night. He is taking me and as long as everyone stays well. We have a babysitter all lined up and everything. I think this is only the third date we have had since moving to Tennessee. We are so looking forward to it.

I've also been doing a little fall cleaning by going through the kids closets and culling out toys and clothes that either no longer are played with or don't fit or are the wrong season. It has made me feel a little better to see things a little more organized in the kids closets as well as ours. Now maybe we can all find our stuff.

Well, there's the update on everything. I need to go crack a whip and get Gabe going again on his homework. Take care.


No comments: