Thursday, September 09, 2010

Thanks Tank Thursday



Right now I am finding a lot to be thankful for...

You see, lately, I have been having a lot of doctor appointments. The doctors are trying to figure out why I would still be producing breast milk three years after I stopped breast feeding Elizabeth. My GYN is as puzzled as I am. Last week I even had a clogged milk duct that we were worried would become mastitis. This week I have had a mammogram and ultra sound performed on my breasts. Both have come back with no lumps, polyps, or cysts to worry about. The ultra sound did show prominent milk ducts but they were clear. I have an appointment with the Endocrinologist in February. They are now beginning to think that it might be hormonal or something. But as frustrating as all this is I am thankful that all the scans came back normal.

I am also finding a lot to pray for as well...

I would like to ask for prayers for my mother. She fell in one of the greenhouses this morning and hurt her hip. She was unable to put any weight on it and was in the greenhouse for a long time unable to move and get help. Someone finally found her and she was taken to the hospital by ambulance. I am still waiting to hear how she is. So please pray for her recovery.

I am thankful that I am able to ask for prayers. And I am thankful that God answers those prayers.

Update on my mom; Mom is home and seems to be doing well. Mom had four screws put into her hip and has a long recovery ahead of her. Because of where her break was she will be unable to put any weight onto her right leg for at least 6-8 weeks, though it could be longer. She will have a motorized wheel chair to get around more easily but will also be able to use a walker or crutches. I hope to visit with her again soon but was so glad that I could go down and stay with her for a while, while she was in the hospital, thanks to Matt!! Matt arranged his schedule so that I could be with her which I appreciate more than I can tell him. Thanks so much Honey!! I love you!

2 comments:

Jane Anne said...

I read Matt's note about your mom this morning. I said a prayer right then. I will keep praying.

The normal scan results are something to be thankful for. Great news! (But, the rest of it sounds really frustrating.)

Christine said...

I'm sorry you've got so much going on right now Carmen. I will keep praying for you and your mom. I wish there was more I could do for you.