Thursday, April 15, 2010

These Women Touched My Life

I've been working on this post for months now and have had many drafts for this post. I have struggled with the words to say but I think I finally have them. This post is about these women....


these women and how much they mean to me.

You see it took me moving to another state to really understand how much these women meant to me. Many of these women I met when I first moved to Columbus but all of them I met through MOPS. There are several women who are not in these photos but I hope they know this is about them too. These women touch my heart in so many ways. They were and are true friends. I met these women in MOPS some moved on but our friendships lasted and grew. Our friendships grew and so did my faith. These women helped with that as well. This is probably one of the best things they did for me. With these women I opened my heart and my soul and in many cases they did the same. We shared stories and prayers together. I laughed with these women. I cried with these women. I also celebrated with these women. Please don't get me wrong, I knew that each and every one of these women were special and that GOD put them in my life for a reason but I didn't fully understand how important they were until we moved. I hope that somehow they all know how much I appreciated everything they did. All the encouragement, meals, childcare, prayers, tears, joys, and of course BUNCO nights we share or they provided. The phone calls, notes, visits, and flowers given at just the right time. It was all appreciated in more ways than I can express. I hope that reading this they will know just what their friendships have meant to me. I also hope and pray that as miles and time progress that we will be able to keep in touch and maintain the friendships we formed. So to all of you please know that even if I am not writing or calling as often you are in my thoughts and I miss you.

2 comments:

Carrie said...

Wah! :) That was so sincere, Carmen, I feel the same about you! Emily and Abby practically grew up together! Emily said she wanted to go there {meaning Tennessee when she saw me looking on you blog the other day!} MOPS has been the best thing for me and our family, and I miss the kids being there. Take care...and hopefully one day soon we can make a girls trip to see you!

Aubrey said...

Okay Carmen, if you could see me, I am crying right now. This is such a sweet post. I am really glad we became friends. You have such a sweet, generous soul and it shined through everytime we were all together. Mops has and is the best thing I have ever done for myself and my family. I believe as well, that God all put us together to strengthen our lives and form friendships. I miss you and would love to visit sometime. I am always up for a road trip. Love ya!!