Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Snow Cream

This is one of my favorite things to do when it snows. I love making snow cream and everyone can help with this because it is so easy. Here is one of the easiest recipes I have found and used and it's things I usually have on hand at a moments notice.




Snow Cream



1 cup milk
1/2 cup sugar
scant 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
large bowl of snow (about 3 quarts)

Blend milk, sugar and vanilla. Stir in enough snow to make snow cream to an ice cream consistency.

Please be sure the snow is clean before you use it!! But I'm sure you already knew that!!!




2 comments:

Jane Anne said...

This is one of my favorite snow memories! Seth thought it was strange, I think... but I think it is very yummy. Now, if we could only get some snow!

Anonymous said...

The girls and I do this,too. We use condensed milk.. essentially the same thing. YUM!!
C. Shibata