Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Christmas Trivia

I've had this sitting in my email for several weeks now. Jane Anne posted this on her blog so I decided to join in the fun and post it myself. I hope you enjoy getting to know more about what I like about Christmas.

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? For kids gifts I usually wrap everything it's more fun to open. If it's for an adult it depends on how big a gift we are talking about. I like wrapping paper because I think it's prettier too.
2. Real tree or Artificial? I love the smell of a real tree and miss it. We are using an artificial one but hope to change back to a real tree eventually.
3. When do you put up the tree? As close to after Thanksgiving as possible. Though I have been know to put it up before Thanksgiving as well.
4. When do you take the tree down? Within a week after New Year's Day.
5. Do you like eggnog? Sometimes.
6. Favorite gift received as a child? The one I remember the most is a Cabbage Patch Kid Pony that I named Snowball.
7. Hardest person to buy for? This year it was Elizabeth. Mainly because she has all the hand-me-downs from the other two kids. And because her birthday is 6 days before Christmas.
8. Easiest person to buy for? Gabriel and Abby
9. Do you have a nativity scene? I have several. I love them. This year I put one in my room and have out two more that the kids are allowed to play with.
10. Mail or email Christmas cards? I have always mailed Christmas cards. I think it's too much fun see all those cards in the mail box.
11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? I can't think of one.
12. Favorite Christmas Movies? I love It's a Wonderful Life and The Original Cartoon version of How the Grinch Stole Christmas.
13. When do you start shopping? Before Thanksgiving I have been know to have finished all my shopping before Thanksgiving.
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Yes.
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Christmas Cookies
16. Lights on the tree? Lots of light, both colored and white.
17. Favorite Christmas song? That's a hard one. I love Christmas music. Three popped into my mind Lo How a Rose Ere Blooming, Silent Night, and Mary Did You Know.
18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? I would prefer to stay at home for Christmas so we can establish our own traditions. But we are traveling for Christmas this year. Which will still be fun though a little more work.
19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer's? Yes. Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Donner, Blitzen and Roudolph.
20. Angel on the tree top or star? We have an angel on the tree. though I grew up with a star.
21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? Sometimes on on Christmas Eve, usually a pair of Pjs, then everything else Christmas Day.
22. Most annoying thing about this time of year? Bad moods, crowds, and traffic.
23. Favorite ornament theme or color? I have a little of everything. Though I am partial to snowmen.
24. Favorite for Christmas dinner? Yorkshire Pudding and Roast
25. What do you want for Christmas this year? To visit the Smokies while we are in Knoxville.

1 comment:

Jane Anne said...

I enjoyed reading your list! I imagine it would be hard to shop for Elizabeth. I forgot her birthday was so close to Christmas.