It's been a while since I posted anything. Between my trip to Atlanta which was fun and then stressful with flight cancelations and delays and packing for our family vacation I haven't done much this week. Here are the things that make me thankful this week.
1. Safe flights to and from Atlanta: I haven't flown in 6 years and this was only the 4th trip I have taken in a plane so I was thankful that things went smoothly on the way to Atlanta. I was also thankful that I didn't have to spend the night in the airport because of the cancelations and delays caused by weather. I was finally able to get a flight to Lousiville, KY instead of Indy so that I could get home.
2. Laughter: I love hear my kids laugh and play together.
3. Fantastic In-Laws: My mother-in-law came up to help out with the kids while I was in Atlanta. If she hadn't been able to make to come I would not have been able to go to Atlanta. I am so glad she was able to come. She also brought up with her our nieces which I am sure a huge help as well. Abby was having so much fun with her grandmother and cousins that she told me she didn't want me to come home yet. :)
4. Vacation: I am thankful that we are able to take a vacation to Florida with my sister's family and my parents. I just wish that my brother and his family had been able to join us this year.
5. Someone to water my plants: I am so glad that I found a young girl to come and water my plants while we are away.
6. Friends: I have a good friend who is always making sure that I take the time to get together with other women. She calls to make sure the date she has chosen for activities is one that will work for me. I am so thankful for this.
7. New recipes: I am thankful for all the wonderful recipes I have been enjoying through our MOPs cookbook and the ones that Jane Anne has posted that I am looking forward to making.
8. Crafting: Since our flood I have been unable to do any sewing and little scrapbooking but I have recently started making ribbon tied flip flops. Abby is loving all the new and fun flip flops I am making. It's fun and easy. I have always enjoyed crafting.
9. My husband who helps and supports everything I do. And I will need his help and support over the next two years since I have taken the Co-Chair position for the preschool and the following year the Chair position. It will be a busy year for both of us with Matt finishing school and me taking on that new responsibility.
10. Football: I am thankful that Gabriel is excited about football. This year he has chosen to play football instead of soccer. It will be interesting to see how well he does and if he enjoys it as much as he thinks he will.
11. I am thankful for the time I spent with my sister and mom last week. I can't rememeber the last time we did something without a child with us. It was a lot of fun to be with them.