Here are the many blessings I am thankful for this week.
1. Very little flood damage: We had a major flood in our small town of Columbus, IN this past weekend, it was enough for it to be declared a Federal Disaster. We had a lot of water come in through our windows in the basement and caught it in enough time to move most things to safety. That is our blessing. Others were not as fortunate and that leads to my second thankful thought.
2. Helping Hands: The call went out for help to the many flood victims. And the help just poured in from all over town. Not only were the churches, Red Cross and variuos organizations who usually help on call but complete strangers offered up there services. Cleaning is happening and lives are slowly getting back to normal.
3. My Husband: He provides us with a wonderful life. He is loving, kind and generous. Loves his kids and is completely devoted to providing for them in the best way he knows how.
4. My Father: My father has always been a rock for me to lean on. He has always provided help while letting me learn and grow from my experiences. I have always known how much he loves me and the rest of his family.
5. Gabriel's Birthday Gift: Yesterday for my birthday Gabriel helped me plant the last of my flowers we brought back from our visit to Tennessee. It was my birthday gift from him.
6. Chores: Jane Anne over at Gravity of Motion reminded me how important chores are to children. I knew this but in the attempt to get things done quicker I had started doing everything myself. This past week the kids have all been giving help around the house and enjoying it. Gabriel will ask what he gets to do that day. And often if I say who wanted to vaccum the steps I have 2 kids yelling, "I DO!!"
7. My Yard: We have been doing a lot around the house lately and if I do say so our yard looks great. I am thankful that I can enjoy it now that we are finished.
8. Our Pool: When we bought this house we were not looking for a pool but every summer I am so thankful for it. Now I don't have to lug all the pool stuff to the community pool all the time. We just walk out our back door and enjoy. Last night swimming was the topper to a perfect birthday.