Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Tasty Tuesday

Today I thought I would share a recipe that my family and I have been enjoying for a while now. I didn't make it for a long time because it called for green chilies and I thought it would be too spicy. I then had it at a friends house one night when Matt was out of town and we all loved it. Now we have it every couple of weeks, especially during the cooler months. So here is that recipe. I hope yu enjoy it.

Green Chile Soup
1 ½ pounds skinned and boned chicken breast halves, cut into 1 inch cubes
3 (4.5 oz.) cans chopped green chilies, untrained
1 (15 oz.) can pinto beans, untrained
1 (14 ½ oz.) can stewed tomatoes, untrained
2 cups water
1 teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon ground cumin
¼ teaspoon dried oregano
1 large onion, chopped
1 clove garlic, crushed
Toppings: sour cream, shredded Cheddar cheese, chopped avocado, sliced green onions
Place first 10 ingredients in a 3 ½ or 4 quart electric slow cooker. Cover and cook on High 4 to 6 hours or on Low 8 hours. Serve soup with desired toppings. Yield: 10 cups.
I also serve this with fresh baked corn bread.

No comments: