Thursday, April 24, 2008

Thanks Tank Thursday




Wow, another week is almost over. With all the activities the kids, Matt and I are doing the week really seems to just fly by. This week has been filled with many things and happenings that have made me thankful. So on that note I will start filling up the Thanks Tank.

1. Beautiful weather has made me especailly thankful this week. The kids and I have all made the most of the beautiful weather by spending as much time outside as we could. It has also lifted my spirits. It's amazing how sunny weather can brighten your outlook on life.
2. Getting to my outside chores has been a wonderful relief and one that has made me feel lighter. I have managed to paint most of the wrought iron furniture that needed it, restain the swing set, weed my flower beds, and pruned the shrubs in the front yard. There is still a lot of work that needs to be done around the house but I am so glad I have made a small dent in the ever growing list of thins to do.
3. BUNCO with newcomers is always a wonderful opportunity to get together and just chill with other women. This month the hostess' house was within the neighborhood. It was really nice to get out of the house for a bit.
4. The Prospect of a new BUNCO group as a way to get closer with the women in our MOPS group dropped in my lap after hosting our last game night here. We had several women who were interested in getting together monthly. This week we passed around a list to see who might be interested in a monthly Game night/BUNCO. We had 24 women sign up. This is something I am thankful for because it really gives us a chance to get to know each other better and to make new friends in a more relaxed social setting.

5. Gabriel taking time out to read. This week I have "caught" Gabriel reading on his own accord several times. He is beginning to love to read and I love hearing him do it! Now if he would only develop a love for writting. ; )

6. Play time. I have really enjoyed play time this week with the kids. I have felt more relaxed this week and have allowed myself to enjoy just playing with my kids. I have ignored that call to clean the house or to do laundry and just enjoyed my kids.

7. Dad's Surgery going well. I am thankful that the removal of the screw from dad's pelvic bone went well. It seems that that was all that was need to get rid of the shooting pains down his leg that he has been contending with since September.

8. The things kids say. Do I really need to say more?

9. Rocking My Baby. Tonight as I put Elizabeth to bed she let me rock her. It is really specail because even as an older infant she was never much of a rocker. She went to bed especaillyearly tonight because of no nap today. Her choice, not mine.


I hope you take the time to be thankful for something today. If you have a blog and post a thanks tank let me know I would love to read yours. Have a Blessed and Wonderful day.

1 comment:

Jane Anne said...

Your list is wonderful! I miss my WA Bunco group. Maybe, just maybe, I will start one here in OR one day. I also love the things my kids say. It is a refreshing reminder to enjoy life, isn't it?! Thanks for sharing. Have a fantastic weekend!