Monday, April 21, 2008

Monday Morning Mirth

Foul Mouthed Parrot


A young man named Wally received a parrot as a gift. The parrot had a bad attitude and an even worse vocabulary. Every word out of this bird's mouth was rude, obnoxious and laced with profanity. Wally tried and tried to change the bird's attitude by constantly saying polite words, playing soft music, and anything he could think of to set a good example. Nothing worked. Finally, Wally got fed up and he yelled at the parrot. And, the bird yelled back. Wally shook the parrot, and the bird got angrier and ruder. Finally, in a moment of desperation, Wally put the bird in his brand new, and freshly stocked, refrigerator freezer. For a few minutes, Wally heard the bird squawk and kick and scream... then suddenly there was quiet. Not a peep for over a minute. Fearing that he'd hurt the bird, Wally quickly opened the door to the freezer. The parrot calmly stepped out onto Wally's outstretched arm and said, "I believe I may have offended you with my rude language and actions. I am truly sorry, and I will do everything to correct my poor behaviour." Wally was astonished at the bird's change of attitude. As he was about to ask the parrot what had made such a dramatic change in his behaviour, the bird continued, "May I ask what the chicken did?"


No comments: