Thursday, March 06, 2008

Thanks Tank Thursday



1. Friends and Family: I received many prayers last week from friends and family. It made things easier as I traveled and helped with the program to be handed out at the funeral. I also was able to enjoy seeing cousins and aunts and uncles I hadn't seen in years, some for over 10 years.
2. Marriage: Last weekend amongst the funeral one of my cousins got married. I am thankful for the love and caring they showed to each other as they started their new lives together.
3. Heaven: I am especially thankful in knowing that my Granny is now in heaven with our one true Father. I hope that one day I will see her again.
4. Abby's birthday: Yesterday was Abby's 4th birthday. She was so excited (wound tight as a ball) yesterday and will probably remain excited until she has her party on Saturday. She really enjoyed trying to make the whole day about her. The most common quote out of her mouth yesterday was, "But, it's my birthday."
5. Smiles: All three of my children have ready smiles on their faces. These smiles never fail to bring a smile to my face.
6. Imagination: I have enjoyed listening to Gabriel and Abby play together making up stories and getting along.
7. Warm weather: We were able to enjoy a couple of fairly warm days. I really enjoyed letting the kids go outside to play without all the cold weather stuff.
8. Anticipation of Snow: It looks like we may be in for another winter weather storm. This one is predicted to drop 8-9 inches. I may get the snow I have been wanting all year.
9. Finished Laundry: Right now the last load of clothes is in the washer. I know I will have more to do tomorrow but at least I have seen th bottom of the hamper for a little while.
10. Little Helpers: I bought a stool for the kitchen the other day and Elizabeth has discovered it. She has started picking up cups and silverware that has been dropped on the floor and putting it in the sink. She even helped to clean her highchair tray today.
11. Coffee: Thanks to Matt's brother and his wife, Matt and I have been enjoying some wonderful coffee. We look forward to each shipment as we run out of coffee.
12. Matt: Last week Matt was such a big help. He cleared his schedule as much as he could so that I could go and visit my grandmother in the hospital. When the trip changed to a week long trip on her death he went with it and made due to the best of his ability. This took a lot of work on his part and made things much easier on me. I was able to enjoy my family and was able to remember my grandmother with them. Without Matt it would he been a whole lot harder. I also am thankful thathe encouraged me to go visit her before she died. Because of that I have no regrets.

No comments: