Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Call From the Past

The other day I received a phone call from our old pastor in Smyrna, Pastor Megan. I really enjoyed talking with her but realized during our conversation that I have become lax in find a home church once again. I am frustrated in not finding what I want and at some point need to come to terms with the fact that I will not find what we left behind.



During the school year I do have Bible study through my MOPS group and the kids have temple talk it just isn't the same as going to church every Sunday and becoming connected.



During our conversation I was able to express to Pastor Megan how much MOPS has meant to me. Upon moving to Columbus I didn't know anyone and needed a way to meet people, since it seemed everyone in our neighborhood was working. MOPS was the answer to my prayers and it has also become much more. I have grown in my faith and have developed friends that I'm not sure I would have otherwise. I will seek out new MOPS groups if we ever do leave Columbus, and hopefully it will be as enriching to me and my children as this program has been.

No comments: