Thursday, June 28, 2007

Too Much Salt

Years ago, right after Matt and I got married, we were at my parents' and I told my mom I would make dinner. She told me her plan had been Beef Stragnof so that's what I made. Anyway, I had never made this particular dish and it looked fairly easy so off I went. I got to the part with the Beef Bullion and it called for 1 can, me not knowing there was a liguid bullion, I dumped a jar of granulated into the mixture. To say the least it was salty.

Today I received an email with Martha vs. Maxine suggestions. One I wish I had known 10 years ago would have been to put a peeled potato into the mixture. The potato would absorb the salt.

I don't think I will ever live down this Beef Stargnof epsiode with my family or Matt. But we all have something worth being given a hard time over. Some more than others.

No comments: