Thursday, December 14, 2006

Keep Up the Work

Since school started in the fall I have been trying to work with Gabriel on writing his name. The other day I noticed that all the other kids wrote their names on their letters to Santa. Gabriel and one other boy were the only ones who did not. This bothers me despite the knowledge that everyone progresses at their own rate. I really feel that he can do this but just isn't trying. I mentioned it to Matt and they sat down together and Gabriel got excited with trying to write his name. Now he is trying to learn to write his name so he can show his dad he can do it on Christmas Day. It's frustrating that I couldn't accomplish this. I feel like I tried everything, but I guess he just needed his dad's encouragement. Now he gets out the writing tablet on his own and practices without even being asked. Way to go Matt!!!

No comments: