Friday, December 01, 2006

First of December

Today is the first of December so we have begun our advent calendars. Yes, we have several ways of counting down the days until Christmas. Gabriel has a Playmobile calendar that we will do with him as well as a sticker scene of the manger we received from MOPS, I really like the fact that it has scriptures that go along with it. Abby has the same sticker scene and a wall hanging of the manger scene, when we did it today she said, "Again, again!!" I will do the advent tree myself with some help. Next year I think I will wrap a Christmas book for each day and count down the days that way, I got that idea out of a magazine in the doctor's office the other day. I really want to instill the true meaning of Christmas in my children. I think it's important. The thing I am going to miss the most this year is the Christmas Eve service. I have always loved the music and the togetherness it brings to me. But we will have our new addition and have family present.

No comments: