Thursday, July 13, 2006

Stop Sucking Your Fingers

In an attempt to get Gabe to stop sucking his fingers I bought the something called THUM. It is suppose to stop thumb sucking and nail biting. We have told him that this was going to happen and told him it would taste bad. After the first application he put his fingers in his mouth and immediately started making faces. He then tried to wipe the offending taste off his tounge making it worse. After that he kept trying to sneak into the bathroom to wash his hands. After I told him that I would just keep putting the stuff on his fingers did he walk over pick up the offending bottle telling me he was going to "put it away." He said this as he walked towards the garbage cans. This may work if I can remember to keep applying the stuff.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tommy actually liked the flavor. I had to use tabasco.

Carmom said...

The first time I used it on Gabriel, about a year ago, I got no reaction from him at all. But he is becoming more picky and easily influenced, that's why we talked about how bad it was. Anyway it seems to be working for now.