Wednesday, June 14, 2006

This Weeks Activities

In my desperation to keep Gabe and abby from watching too much TV I have started closing the entertainment center doors and keeping them closed, at least through naptime. For the past couple of days I have also stated we are playing outside. It's been really pleasant weather so far this week so it's been perfect. But I never thought I would hear so much complaining about being outside. I just can't win. So we've been doing games and activities to keep the kids occupied. On Monday we played Jump the Snake and Catch the Snake. We went on a bike ride around the neighborhood and played with bubbles. Yesterday we took another bike ride and then played with chalk and bubble in the front yard. After that we moved to the backyard where I started cleaning out the shed while the kids entertained themselves with the toys I took out. While cleaning out the shed I came across a blow up pool we bought so the kids could just play in the water without us having to worry so much about them swimming. They were able to play in the water more this way too because I have never felt comfortable swimming with the kids by myself. So I blew that up and in the afternoon they played in the pool. Today we finger painted, had a car wash, and played with more bubbles. We then had a picnic outside on the patio. I just hope I can keep coming up with ideas to keep the kids occupied this summer.

No comments: