Friday, April 21, 2006

99 Things About Me

  1. I was born in Dalton, GA.
  2. I lived there until I was 3.
  3. We moved to Signal Mtn., TN where I lived until I married Matt.
  4. My parent’s own a plant nursery where I worked in the summers.
  5. My major started out in horticulture.
  6. I changed my major to Early Childhood Education.
  7. I worked at Bath and Body Works in college.
  8. I also worked in a preschool during college.
  9. After graduating I got a job in a Montessori School as the after school coordinator.
  10. I later became a teacher in the classroom until Abby was born.
  11. I have never done drugs.
  12. I didn’t drink until college.
  13. I only tried smoking once.
  14. Growing up I was a blabber mouth.
  15. My sister and I didn’t get along when we were younger.
  16. Now we do. (for the most part)
  17. I love my brother and sister.
  18. I love my parent’s too.
  19. My mother and I fought a lot until I went to school.
  20. We get along great now.
  21. I always wanted a family and kids.
  22. When Matt and I were dating I made sure he wanted the same thing.
  23. I love Matt.
  24. I love my kids.
  25. Matt and I got married in Aug. of ’97.
  26. We waited 5 years to have kids. (He finally gave in when my father said he was ready for grandkids of his own.)
  27. I consider Matt’s family my own.
  28. I loved being pregnant, both times, despite the symptoms.
  29. I don’t remember the first time I held Abby, though I have pictures.
  30. I love being a mother and wife.
  31. I would like to have 4 kids.
  32. I sometimes miss teaching but I like being a stay at home mom.
  33. I am a pleaser.
  34. I am very sensitive.
  35. I don’t exercise enough.
  36. I would like to lose 20 pounds.
  37. but I am not motivated enough.
  38. Country music is my favorite music but I listen to almost anything.
  39. My car is filled with children’s CDs.
  40. I like mixed CDs.
  41. I go shopping to make myself feel better.
  42. I like coffee in the mornings.
  43. I like hot tea at night.
  44. I enjoy sewing.
  45. I would like to take more sewing classes.
  46. I would love to learn quilting.
  47. I would also like to learn to knit.
  48. I don’t keep secrets very well.
  49. I have a secret I am dying to share.
  50. I can’t wait to give away presents.
  51. I love to host parties.
  52. I tend to make too much food.
  53. I enjoy cooking.
  54. I also enjoy eating out.
  55. I have a hard time resisting a Starbucks when I see one.
  56. I enjoy scrapbooking but am very far behind.
  57. I am very glad I tried MOPS.
  58. I am worried about coming up with cool crafts.
  59. I am a neat freak.
  60. I can’t stand clutter.
  61. I enjoy cleaning when the mood hits me.
  62. Though I feel like my house is never clean.
  63. I want to feel more versed in the Bible.
  64. I am doing a Bible study on my own to accomplish this.
  65. My favorite holiday is Christmas.
  66. This year I am getting a great Christmas present.
  67. I love my kids.
  68. I enjoy spending time with my family.
  69. And with Matt’s.
  70. I enjoy taking the kids to the park.
  71. My favorite T.V. shows are SG-1 and SG Atlantis.
  72. I enjoy helping people.
  73. I am almost too optimistic.
  74. I do what I say I will and when I say I will do it.
  75. Spring is my favorite season.
  76. I wish I could paint well.
  77. I am never wrong, at least that’s how I act sometimes.
  78. It drives me nuts how pesamistic Matt can be.
  79. I want to take the kids to Disney at least once.
  80. I enjoy working in the garden.
  81. I am shy until you get to know me and then you can’t get me to shut up.
  82. I am somewhat organized.
  83. I play the flute. Though not much anymore.
  84. I played the flute at my brother’s wedding.
  85. I’ve been out of the country only once.
  86. I went to Japan.
  87. I came back early.
  88. I dislike fish and mushrooms.
  89. I love winter for the snow, not the cold.
  90. I miss the mountains.
  91. I would like to be closer to family but I like it here too.
  92. I am glad my kids have cousins close to their own age, because I enjoyed playing with mine.
  93. I really love April Fool's jokes as long as they are not on me.
  94. I enjoy cut flowers, but never buy any.
  95. My favorite foods are cheeseburgers and pizza.
  96. My favorite desserts are strawberry pie and baklava.
  97. I enjoy going on family outings.
  98. I have only been to 11 of the 50 states.
  99. I like swimming but can’t dive.
This is something that I have been wanting to do for a while and just never took the time to do it. I was actually easier than I thought it would be. I hope you enjoy and that it gives you some insite on who I am.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Carmen is pregnant.

Carmom said...

What makes you say that?

Anonymous said...

Carmen, do you have a winning lottery ticket?!?

Anonymous said...

secret, christmas and LOTS of references to babies and pregnancy

Mattdaddy said...

Of 100 things about Carmen, 98 have been about babies as long as I've known her.

Seth said...

I thought the same thing(pregnant)- of course that makes her April Fool's Joke sorta... confusing.

Seth said...

And she's having dreams about babies- twins. Gabriel is talking about babies.Alright- time to come clean!

Jane Anne said...

Congratulations on the pregnancy! On an unrelated topic, I am in MOPS also and this year our Crafts Coordinator has been awesome. she is going remain in the position next year. I could check with her and see if you guys could swap email addresses or something to get ideas.

Carmom said...

That would be great. We had trouble with our crafts coordinator this year so we ended up with two crafts for the year. So I have nothing to go off of.