Thursday, August 25, 2005

Possible Florida Vacation......Tomorrow

Last night my mom called and said whe wanted to go to Florida. As the conversation went on she told me she wanted to take both my sister and our respective kids as well and the only time she could see it working out for all of us to go would be this weekend and part of next week. This sounds like fun but I have several reservations.

1. Katrina is suppose to hit Flordia and then move into the Gulf. I'm not sure where it will hit and the projected path online doesn't really tell me anything either.
2. Several sites I have been to are not taking any reservations due to damages from Dennis. This makes me wonder about the conditions of the beaches in those areas where hotels, condos, and beach front houses are open.
3. No one has made a solid decision yet. If we are going I'd like to know so we can make plans. I also need to decide wether or not to drive directly or to meet my mom and sister in Chattanooga and go from there.
4. My sister-in-law is due to have a baby on the 15th. Mom is suppose to watch her oldest, though my dad could watch him, but chances are we'll be gone and she'll go into labor. Isn't that how things work?
5. I also feel that it is a very long drive to make for two nights. I hope that we can work it into 3 or 4 nights.

If we can get it to work out I will be going and the kids will have a great time. The kids will miss their first week of school next week though. At least they are just in preschool otherwise I wouldn't consider it.

I hope it works out it would be cool to spend a couple of days at the beach.


No comments: