Saturday, August 06, 2005

Gabriel is visiting his Grandparents

Gabriel just left with his grandmother, aunt and two cousins. I am missing him already. It is amazing how much I was looking forward to having one less child but now that he is gone I really miss him. As they pulled out of the driveway I had tears in my eyes. I kinda hoped to get a call saying, "Can you meet us he wants to come home". But that hasn't happened. I knowhe will have a good time and that he is with people who love him but it is hard not to miss him. Gabriel is so lively and fun. He is always willing to provide the hugs and kisses we have come to expect. Matt is going to miss the "Don't go Daddy." when he leaves for work in the mornings and the "DADDY!!!!" when he walks through the door in the evening. I'm going to miss the questions, the laughter, and the talks we share on a daily basis. This will be the second time he has gone somewhere without us but it has been two years since the last time and I had forgotten how hard it can be. I am looking forward to seeing him in a couple of days.

No comments: